http://www.modernmom.com/blogs/erica-diamond/being-a-mompreneur-is-big-business
I LOVE this article! It totally reminds me of myself and many of my friends & sorority sisters! We love being Stay at Home Mommas, spending our days with our lil ones & shaping their lives but also want to be able to contribute to society & find a creative outlet of our own all at the same time....The Mompreneur! I feel like I should give a shout out to one of my sorority sisters, Danielle-she is the queen of The Mompreneur and I would like to think of myself as The Princess attempting to follow in her footsteps! Danielle has been such a great role model for me whether she realizes it or not because she has 3 adorable, active, & busy boys & a husband in the military with a successful photography business. She is so good, I trusted her to take the twins newborn portraits! Plug-DanielleHobbsphotography..... She was one of the first women that comes to my mind that proved to me that you can have it all, even when your babies are little! Another sorority sister who has been a great role model to me is Kristin in this area. She used to work at the District Attorney's office (with criminals on death row-ahhh!) and chose to stay at home with her 2 precious girls, even going as far to cheer her hubby on coaching GA Tech baseball and following him to Michigan while he coaches baseball there, yet she has been our chapter advisor for Gamma Phi Beta at UGA and managed to teach online classes while staying home with her girls. I have a preschool mommy friend who works from home for Nationwide, yet finds a way to do it all while her 2 kids are at preschool 9-1 and I actually thought she was a stay at home mom for the entire first year I knew her because she is so good at balancing her schedule and making it to everything! All these girls & others have been a great inspiration to me as I have started taking on coordinating weddings on my own, working with A Flawless Events (whoa-we have A LOT of weddings on the calendar for 2011!)
Coordinating Wedding at the Biltmore 2010
One of my favorite groomscakes from a wedding!
One of my favorite jobs Daddy has done-at Momma's sorority house!
and volunteering as Recruitment Advisor for GphiB at UGA. My OTHER babies at Recruitment 2010.......
Jackson & Colton....I hope your daddy & I are instilling the importance of hard work, dedication, & work ethic into your life at an early age. Money is great and allows you to travel the world, but if you do what you love, everything will fall into place! Daddy works many long hours to provide for our family and he is able to do so because he created a company he loves. It has been wonderful for Momma to work one Saturday a month coordinating weddings & volunteering for the sorority-both have been so rewarding and make me a better mommy! Some of my favorite days are when we get to spend time together as a family, go to one of your friends' birthday parties and I coordinate a wedding all in one day! I couldn't do that type of schedule everyday, but it sure gives me a great sense of accomplishment when it happens every month!
Various fun days where we got to do fun things with family & friends and then I got to coordinate a wedding or do Recruitment Advising-fun stuff!
My hope for you both is that you are hard-working men who contribute positive things in society in whatever profession you choose while finding a great balance by keeping your priorities straight with your family life and God-#1...God, #2....Family & Friends....#3.....Work (-; I so can't wait to see all the positive things you do with your lives! We love you!
Recruitment Advising with my sorority alum friends 2010
http://www.modernmom.com/blogs/erica-diamond/being-a-mompreneur-is-big-business
Twenty-Five Years
2 weeks ago




OMG. You don't know how much this just made my day! You are one fabulous mama and your boys are truly so incredibly lucky to have such a well balanced mommy. I look to you as someone who always seems to be balancing it all -- and WITH TWINS. You are my mommy hero!!! Thank you for the shout out. All us mamas are just tryin' to contribute to both our babies and this world -- Some days, it AIN'T EASY -- but who would change a thing?! I love the fact that I have somethings that are MINE - running, work, photography -- I want my kids to know that they are my whole world, but I also have passions and that I amn still my own person. I am a Mommy, first and foremost, but I am also STILL Alicia too -- and there is nothing wrong with that ;) Lots of love to you, Tiffany. Blessed to call you my friend!
ReplyDelete- Alicia