Monday, March 7, 2011

Making Home Made Play-doh!

Hey Ya'll! 
It's almost St. Patrick's Day time and March is the kick off of spring so this month's play-doh color is GREEN!
So, this month was my month to attempt to make home made green play-doh for the twins preschool-each month is a different color. I am the first to be excited to sign up for class parties, but picked March to wait as long as I could to sign up to make home made play-doh! ha ha! Anyways, you may already have this recipe, but just in case, I thought I was pass it along because it was fun and easy and I found a special way to make it smell good (bc it smells yucky!)




Play-Doh Recipe
2 Cups Flour
1 Cup Salt
2T Cream of Tarter
2T Oil
2 Cups Water

Mix ingredients together in a saucepan, over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. 

Add food color in while it's cooking. Once the consistency is good, take it off the heat.

Then, I kneaded it for about 5 minutes and it smelled yucky so we added vanilla extract and now it smells like Bath & Body Works Play-doh! ha ha!



This is taking domestic goddess to a whole new level by me not just going to Super Target across the street and picking up some green play-doh!



No comments:

Post a Comment