Sunday, March 6, 2011

Wonderful Weekend!

We had such a wonderful weekend! It kicked off with a great workout at Lifetime Fitness on Friday followed by marathon 3.5 hour naps for both twins in which I was able to get the house, laundry, etc. perfectly spotless while the rest of the evening they played together so well! I have to say-having 2.5 year old twins is my favorite age thus far! They play SO well together 95% of the time now where as before I would say it was 50/50 Love/Hate relationship and it literally wasn't safe to leave them alone together for even 1 minute. Seriously. Now, they can play together for hours having a blast! (note: I have housekeepers who clean every 2 weeks, but keeping it spotless with twins is a victory in my book!), we had pizza/movie night, and Brandon made it home before bedtime on a Friday night. Score!

Sat., I had to wake up at 6am, got my grande non-fat white chocolate mocha with whip, which I should note, I am still using a Starbucks gift card that my BFF, Sarah got me for my Bday in January. Some say gift cards are over-rated and not personal enough, and normally me being the queen of personalization agree but not in this case-that is one of the best gifts to give me! It's the gift that keeps on giving! I mean after all, the girl has had to get me gifts for my birthdays and holidays since 6th grade and will have to continue to do so forever! Anyways, I like that it makes me think of her at 7am while I am on my way to a conference in Atlanta on a Saturday morning or a random preschool day when I am getting my starbucks. She knows me so well!  Then, I had 14 hours of non-stop Gamma Phi Beta Recruitment Advisor training at The Westin Perimeter in Atlanta. It was a lot of work, but very beneficial and inspiring to work with these fabulous ladies-collegians & alumni.  We do this once a year, last year I flew to Dallas for RLC (Recruitment Leadership Convention) and this year it just happened to be in Atlanta. We had lots of training on Recruitment and worked with the current exec. members at UGA, along with alumni from when I was in the sorority. My first meeting was at 8am and my last meeting started at 10pm, so needless to say, it was a long, but fun day! Meanwhile, Brandon was super dad and took the twins to Jack's 4th birthday party at Catch Air. It made me relieved and happy to know that several of my close friends/sorority sisters would also be at the party just in case B needed some extra help and it made me so happy when they all texted me when the party was over telling me that he is such a good daddy & did great with the twins. Love that man! Then, he was brave enough to take them to a job at the lake, visited one of his friends, and shopping. I think he likes his random days alone with his lil boys!









Sunday, we had family cuddle time in bed, had a nice breakfast, and went to DAC Kids-the pirate ship play place with Brandon, Jackson, Colton, me, Jennifer, & her boys-Aiden & Parker. We had one of the best playdates-the 3 of us got to hang out while our 4 boys had a BLAST! They played non-stop for almost 3 hours and we decided that since they are on a Pirate kick because of the new show on Disney called Jake & The Pirates, this would be a perfect spot for their 3rd birthday party in May! Then, they came home and took 3.5 hour naps again, we had an amazing home-cooked meal that Brandon & I made together while we watched the twins play so nicely together by the fire, bathtime, bed, & getting to watch a movie with my hubby! What a perfect weekend!































No comments:

Post a Comment